The Diamond Bourse of Canada provides a variety of services to its members. As a non-profit organisation that is committed to facilitating and enhancing all Canadian diamond and gemstone trading activities, the Bourse is dedicated to exploring and finding new ways to improve the commercial context of our members, and help their operation become more competitive. Consequently, the Bourse will be introducing new services and improving on its exiting offerings on a regular basis.
In essence, Bourse services represent tangible propositions from which the member can extract a quantifiable advantage to their operations.
The Diamond Bourse of Canada currently offers the following core services to its members:
MEMBER-ONLY DISCOUNTS AND OFFERS
Bourse members regularly receive a variety of special prices and unique member-only offers, from various vendors and service-providers that are affiliated with the Bourse including:
- Eureka Diamond App
- Malca-Amit Express: Service discount of 20% to 44%
- Parcel Pro: Service discount
- DBC Logo: Members are entitled to carry and display our official DBC Member logo on all official company communications
- Cambridge Suites: Hotel Toronto
- Holiday Inn Express: Toronto Downtown
- Special events, international Bourse & Club invitations
Kassoy: 10% discount on most products
- Flight Centre Business Travel
ADVANTAGEOUS GEM LAB SERVICES
- GEM SCAN: Same Day Discount – Members drop off goods at the Bourse and receive the goods the same day, for no additional cost (regular double fee for same day service).
- IGI: Priority Lab service & Discount
- A specialised GIA LAB drop-off service
GEMMOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGY CENTRE
A technology facility that includes:
- SARIN Label Printing Rough & Polished
- DTC DIAMOND SURE
- HRD HPHT DETECTOR
- SARIN COLIBRI Colour & Florescence Analyser
- ZEISS HRD Microscope
Click here for more information about the Gemmological Technology Centre
FULLY EQUIPPED DIAMOND TRADING FACILITY
Members have complete and full access to the Bourse’s on-site trading facility which includes an assortment of trading related equipment (e.g. diamond scales, lamps, tweezers, loupes, etc.).
ONLINE TRADING SYSTEM
Bourse members have access to a sophisticated online trading system for diamonds. This system brings buyers and sellers together quickly and efficiently and reduces trading costs.
A CENTRALLY LOCATED DIAMOND FACILITY
The Bourse facility is a highly secure, monitored trading-environment. It is superbly located within the heart of Toronto’s financial district, and enjoys direct access to transportation hubs.
DOWNTOWN TORONTO BUSINESS ADDRESS
Members can come and go as they please during business hours, and utilise the offices at the bourse as fully-equipped secure office environments in which they could meet clients, examine goods, and conduct their business.
PERSONAL ON-SITE SAFETY DEPOSIT BOXES
Bourse members receive a personal safety deposit box within the Bourse facility. These safety deposit boxes are identical to boxes offered at commercial banks and can be accessed during office hours.
A UNIQUE CUSTOMS BONDED WAREHOUSE FACILITY
In the context of the Diamond Bourse of Canada, the bonded warehouse facility refers to a designated area of the facility in which items imported into Canada can remain in bond. This is the only government approved bonded warehouse facility for polished and rough diamond goods in North America.
- Shipments of rough or polished diamonds that are sent into the bonded facility are classified officially as goods that have not been released from customs yet.
- While these goods are in bond, they do no incur any GST or HST duties.
- These bonded goods can then be inspected by the member, who can then decide to keep them, send them back, store them for the time being, or keep some of the stones, and send back the remainder.
- The member will be required to pay GST/HST only on the goods that they have decided to released from bond (i.e. kept goods). Stones that have been sent back, are not liable to GST or HST payments.
CONFERENCE ROOM FACILITY
The Bourse is equipped with a conference room facility that can be used by Members who wish to conduct group presentation, client meetings, or various marketing events.